The forthcoming Club transformation project will deliver a vibrant new destination for Members and the wider community which will become an integral part of a revitalised Lidcombe Town Centre, but it is just the beginning of grander plans to transform the entire DOOLEYS landholding into the heart of the Lidcombe Town Centre.
The DOOLEYS team have crafted a vision for the area, based on extensive consultation with key stakeholders and a responsible attitude to sustainable development which enhances not pressurises local infrastructure.
Our masterplan will be broken into numerous stages to allow delivery of the long-term vision in a responsible and manageable way.
From May 2022 – Demolition Commences
Appointed builder, ADCO Construction, set up a construction compound on the vacant land between Board & Ann Street, a range of infrastructure decommissioning and the demolition of retail properties along John St.
From September 2022 – Construction Commences
A more noticeable impact within the Lidcombe Club as Lloyd’s Bistro, Three Lanterns Bar, the Members Lounge and Children’s play area on the ground floor close as the building of world class food & beverage offerings commence.
Baileys Sports Bar and The Upper Quarter on level one at Lidcombe will remain open, continuing the tradition of great food and drink, entertainment, and a fun play area as exciting new works get underway.
From 2024 – 2025 | Stage 1 – Stage 3 Works Journey
As outlined below, the Lidcombe Delivery Program, will undertake a staged approach with areas unveiled from early 2024 onwards, with the project drawing to a close early in 2025.
Exciting new offerings include:
- Vincent’s restaurant will expand and take on an authentic new look and a top class Yum Cha restaurant will form a new Asian food precinct on level one.
- A dedicated sports zone with snooker room and two state of the art Trackman golf simulators as well as opportunities for coaching, game improvement and corporate entertainment packages.
- The functions & events capability will expand with a new Grand Ballroom, capable of hosting a wide range of events and capacity to cater for over 500 people as well as a sumptuous whiskey bar on the first floor, making DOOLEYS the number one events venue in the area.
- The Bistro will undergo a dramatic overhaul, not to mention a much-improved Children’s play area.
- A New York style Sports Bar will attract the next generation of Members to the benefits of joining the DOOLEYS community, complete with electronic darts boards, foosball tables, and large screens.